Senior Biomedical Research Service (SBRS) Policy Board
The NIH Senior Biomedical Research Service (SBRS) Policy Board was established to perform the following policy and advisory functions:
- Provide oversight for the management and administration of the SBRS at NIH, including:
- Formulating and recommending policies and procedures.
- Evaluating operational effectiveness.
- Recommending modifications and changes in policies and procedures to the NIH Director, when necessary.
- Advise the NIH Director on the utilization of the SBRS positions allocated to NIH.
- Review and make recommendations to the NIH Director regarding:
- The qualifications and credentials of nominees for membership in the SBRS.
- The priority order of those individuals recommended for SBRS appointment.
- The IC performance appraisal and re-certification recommendations for SBRS members.
- Consider appeals submitted by SBRS members and/or IC Directors concerning re-certification or removal determinations.
- The Board will consider the merits of each appeal, acquire additional information as needed, and make recommendations to the NIH Director concerning the disposition of each appeal.
- Advise on any other issue or policy referred to the Board for consideration.
Nina F. Schor, DDIR
- Adrian Bax, NIDDK
- Gary Felsenfeld, NIDDK
- Frank Gonzalez, NCI
- Alan G. Hinnebusch, NICHD
- Y. Peng Loh, NICHD
- Harry Malech, NIAID
- Malcolm A. Martin, NIAID
- Howard A. Nash, NIMH
- Griffin P. Rodgers, NIDDK
- Leslie G. Ungerleider, NIMH
- Kenneth M. Yamada, NIDCR
- Neal Young, NHLBI
- OHR Representative(s)
- OEDI Representative(s)
This page was last updated on Thursday, November 3, 2022