Digital Health Scientific Interest Group
If you are in the digital health space and wondering how to launch a mobile app, which wearable device to use in your study, or how to analyze data from a digital health study, you are not alone!
Digital technologies are present in everyday life. From mobile and information technologies to telemonitoring and telehealth, digital technologies are now core to national and international strategic plans promoting health and wellbeing. Digital health is an ever-evolving field focused on the use of digital technologies to improve health and medical care.
The Digital Health Scientific Research Interest Group is a forum for sharing ideas and resources to advance digital health research at NIH. Specifically, the SIG aims to:
- Connect intramural researchers conducting or interested in conducting digital health research
- Provide opportunities to present and receive feedback on research, to network with intramural and extramural researchers, and to promote collaborative research
- Share resources around digital health including conferences; journals’ special issues; academic centers, organizations, and commercial companies in the digital health space to name a few
Membership is open to federal employees and select extramural experts in digital health. SIG members will meet quarterly to present their research. Meeting frequency can increase as membership expands. Beyond regular meetings, the SIG will hold an annual brainstorming workshop where presenters can get detailed feedback on study design and implementation in digital health. We will also aim to submit proposals for special issues with prominent journals and conference panels to highlight digital health work done at NIH.
We need your input! Please answer the following questions to help us meet your needs. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How often do you want to receive the SIG emails?
- What should the SIG emails include?
– Publications by SIG members
– Upcoming conferences
– Grant opportunities
– Special issues for journals
- Would you join a Slack or Teams SIG channel?
- List three conferences that you think SIG members should know about.
- Name three extramural experts to invite for the SIG membership.
To join the Digital Health Scientific Interest Group mailing list, please visit the Digital Health Scientific Interest Group Listserv home page, then click the “Subscribe or Unsubscribe” link in the right sidebar.
Scientific Focus Areas
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Biomedical Engineering and Biophysics
This page was last updated on Thursday, April 13, 2023