NIH Staff Scientists Organization (NIH SSO)
The NIH Staff Scientists/Staff Clinicians (SS/SC) Organization was conceived in 2004 to represent the more than one thousand Staff Scientists and Clinicians who work at the NIH. In 2018, the Staff Scientists and Staff Clinicians were split into two distinct organizations.
The aims of the NIH SSO are to:
- represent all the NIH Staff Scientists to their Institutes and the NIH.
- promote networking and both intra- and inter-Institute collaborations.
- create a repository of resources and expertise provided by the SSO
- organize seminars and workshops on cutting edge and emerging technologies.
- foster career development through seminars and workshops on management, mentoring, lab organization, databases, etc.
A Representative Committee is populated with at least one member from each IC that employs Staff Scientists. These individuals serve as the point of contact for their Institute and also as liaison between their Institute and the Representatives Committee. The NIH SSO meets quarterly to achieve the above stated goals.
To join the NIH Staff Scientists Organization (NIH SSO) mailing list, please visit the NIH Staff Scientists Organization (NIH SSO) Listserv home page, then click the “Subscribe or Unsubscribe” link in the right sidebar.
This page was last updated on Monday, January 8, 2024